In addition to a professional internship placement and housing, you’ll get access to a full array of top class professional and cultural development resources, exclusive invites to social and cultural events, one month transportation in NY and, great support from the full-time local team from start to finish! T&C's apply.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be enrolled as a full time student at a tertiary educational institute or have graduated within 12 months.
- Be studying towards/have obtained a degree.
- All applicants must have sufficient return evidence in order to be approved by the US Embassy. Return evidence
can be a letter from your University/College stating that you will return to resume or continue your studies
after your internship in the USA. For applicants not intending to return to study, this should be a letter from an
employer stating that when you return from the US there will be a job available for you. If you hold a property
deed for a property this will also be accepted in some cases.
- Proof of funds. You must show proof that you will have access to at least $750 for every month during your
internship in the USA. This can be in the form of original bank statements and/or a Guarantor’s letter. You must
submit your proof of funds with your application and at your US Embassy interview.
- Be prepared to leave the US 30 days after completion. These days can only be used for the departure and for
- The estimated cost of the sponsored J-1 visa is 1,135 USD. Please note that this could vary slightly depending on
your specific embassy or consulate’s fee.
- If you need to expedite your visa there is an additional fee of 450 USD.
- You will also need to purchase insurance.