Career opportunities with STA Travel
Current STA Travel job vacancies
We are hiring!
1) Accounts Assistant / Accounts Executive Wanted - Please email your resume stating expected salary with recent photo email@example.com
Job Description :
This is a unique & exciting opportunity to join STA Travel and really make your mark. If you are someone who can hit the ground running, loves challenges and think you can successfully support the business in the Singapore division. The skills of an Accounts Executive is the backbone behind the success of STA Travel. Your primary responsibility is crunching numbers, assisting the Finance Manager and supporting the whole team with accuracy and understanding of STA Travel preferred products.
Branch Operation: To ensure all company policies and procedures are understood and adhered
- To assist with day-to-day finance and administration duties as determined by your Manager.
- To comply with all accounting best practice policies (related to the Customer Relations, Product, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Systems and Training departments)
- To comply with the company dress code at all times whilst representing STA Travel. Our dress code is smart, casual attire
- To understand and adhere to administration and security procedures as determined by your Finance Manager and STA Travel company policy
Team Development: To recognise, develop and exceed your personal potential within your team & STA Travel
- To participate in in-house training and toolbox meetings as required by your Store Manager and/or Head Office
- Following your initial training, to pro-actively develop personal product and systems knowledge and to be aware of changes and developments
Skills & Attributes:
- Proactive, possess drive and initiative Analytical & meticulous, a problem-solver
- Proactive, possess drive and initiative
- Team player – can work with & support other team members
- Excellent organisational & multi-tasking skills
- Passionate, positive & enthusiastic attitude
- Candidate must possess at least a minimum of GCE A’ Level / Diploma in Business Administration/Finance or LCCI in Accountancy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel/ Word)
- Preferably posses one year working experience in similar capacity
- Knowledge of various accounting terms, methods and best practices
- Knowledge and experience in computerized accounting is necessary
What skills do you need to have?
We believe international travel is the best education. There’s nothing like travel to open the eyes, mind and heart. Our staff work for STA Travel because they love what they do, and if they weren’t in the office, they’d be travelling too.
STA Travel is growing fast and we’re continually on the lookout for bright, honest, passionate travellers to share the love of travel and overseas experiences with our valued travellers. Essentially we are looking for great sales people, so it’s essential that you come to us with a solid background in sales.
You may have seen our new motto - Face to face with the world. We want our customers to get out and experience the world, so its important you have a wealth of personal international travel experience to help customers decide where to go on their adventure. Generally we would expect that you have travelled through at least two continents. Previous experience in the Travel and Tourism industry and/or a qualification in Travel and Tourism is also a bonus.
About STA Travel
STA Travel is a global travel agency with 30 years experience helping travellers get face to face with the world - especially students, teachers and young professionals. We offer a unique range of products with exclusive discounts on airfares, accommodation, tours, round the world travel, working holidays and more. Globally we are present in 90 countries with 400 retail locations, sending over 6 million travellers away each year. STA Travel is the world leader in young adult and student travel!