Teacher card (ITIC)
The ITIC is the only internationally recognised proof of your full time teacher status. What’s more it’ll save you cash along the way as well. You'll receive discounts on transport, accommodation, communications, museums, food and more!
Please note that, from 1st April 2012, ITIC will be retailing at 25 SGD and new validity from 13th August onwards.
In order to be eligible for an ITIC, you must be a teacher, professor or instructor engaged in full time employment at an accredited educational establishment for a minimum of 18 hours per week and for a minimum of one academic year.
The ITIC has a fixed 16 months validity from September this year to December the following year (eg. Sept 2010 to Dec 2011). Regardless of when you purchase the card the validity will not change, so get it early to enjoy the full 16 months!
From 13th August onwards, new validity will kick in for different institutions:
1) Secondary Schools, ITE intake ITE intake one and Junior Colleges - Jan 12 to April 13
2) Polytechnics and SUTD - April 12 to July 13
3) Universities - July 12 to October 13
To apply for the ITIC, you have to provide us with the following documents:
1) One passport sized photo
2) A photocopy of your NRIC or Passport
3) A photocopy of your valid teacher card, letter or documentation from your educational institution stating that you are employed as a full-time teacher, professor or instructor.
4) One completed application form
Check out the discounts available worldwide user our Discount Finder.